For 14 years, we've been praying together on Tuesday mornings at JJ Bean Park and Tilford. During this temporary interruption, we need to keep praying!
So, we've set up a Zoom account to pray together via video conference - everyone is welcome!
If you've never used Zoom, it's quite easy. You will have to download the app the first time you join, but after the first time, it's as simple as clicking the link.
1. Before the meeting date, contact Andy ([email protected]) and he will send you a private "join zoom meeting link"
2. You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with a speaker or headphones. You will have the opportunity to check your audio immediately upon joining a meeting.
3. At the start time of your meeting, click on the "Join Zoom Meeting". If you don't have Zoom installed on your computer, you will be instructed to download it. You may also download it in advance of the meeting here: https://zoom.us/download
4. After clicking the link (and downloading the app, if necessary) you have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on “Test Computer Audio.” Once you are satisfied that your audio works, click on “Join audio by computer.”
5. As the app opens, you will see across the bottom the options to "start video" or "mute" - if you'd like others to see your lovely 7:00 am faces, click the "start video".
Contact Andy before the meeting for the link.
Many years ago, way back before simplechurches, young adults from across Vancouver gathered to pray on Thursday evenings. We called it "the Haystack" taking our inspiration from an impromptu prayer gathering in 1806, carried out by students caught in an unexpected lighting storm.
Read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haystack_Prayer_Meeting